How you can use the PLN interactions of this course to further your digital identity post-term.

From the PLN interaction in this course, I have learned a lot about making a successful PLN and how to be positive contributor to online society. Through many conversations with my peers in this class, I have received a greater understanding of each individual’s thoughts on diversity, inclusion, digital identity, how to develop a personal and professional platform and much more. My group members had shared their stories and interaction, which enhance my view of social media. As we all are on different paths in our lives, in various porfessions and we have experienced different things all of this affects how we view the topics dicussed in classthe which to me was a great lesson of the importance of a diverse and inclusive. For example, for the final group project in the class I am partnered with two amazing women in different parts of their lives, have different goals, and focus on different aspects. This made our dicussions amazing because we each had a different viewpoint and opinion. We all had mutual respect and valued each other opinion, We could communicate and share our ideas and thoughts respectfully and kindly, which online users need to accomplish when connecting with another user. Furthermore, the blogs that I wrote for this class made me explore subjects that I never thought of going in-depth before. For example, the topic on digital identity, I had always known that you had to ensure that what you post online are respectufl and once online it is alwys online. But I never knew precisely what digital identity was, the difference between personal and professional digital identity and how they could clash. 

This course helped me developed a better understanding of PLN and digital identity. It made me look into my own PLN and digital identity learning what I lack and where I can improve. As social media is such a large part of my life, this course and all the tools that it had given me, gave me the capability to further my DI and grow my PLN. I have been taught how to interact online and how to start a conversation. At the beginning of the course, I never reached out to another user online and started a conversation, but this class has challenged me to reach out of my comfort zone and make a new connection with people I don’t even know. 

What does it mean to have a digital identity in your industry of choice, and can your current PLN be used to help professional development post-course? 

I am an inspring medical student. And my digital identity should show who I am; it should highlight my achievements that would attract those who would be deciding if I should be chosen for an interview or not. My digital identity not only shows my accomplishment through Linkedin but also offers a bit of my personality. From my PLN, I am connected with and interact with a person who would understand my interest and values. For example, I am connected with many researchers, a user who simply teaches others about stocks, women’s empowerment page, and diversity page. These are a few of these accounts I interact with. This shows that I value and want to interact and learn from these users. 

I think any profession would want their representative to showcase that they are respectful, kind and value diversity and inclusion. They would like to see that the people representing their company share the same values as the company. 

As you progress through the steps of your career, can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities?

My PLN can be relied on to open professional opportunities. I have already started conversations with people in my network for possible co-op opportunities. However, I only started using my PLN to connect in the professional world about three years ago and have much more progress. This class has opened my eyes to the amount of possible learning outcomes and opportunities that I can achieve by reaching out and making connections